HIGOLD EUROPE attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and the personal data that you provide. For this reason, we explain in this privacy statement what data of yours we process and why. In doing this we comply with the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act [Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming]. We advise you to carefully read our privacy statement.
Who processes your personal data?
HIGOLD EUROPE is a division of Admidex B.V., with its registered office at the Laan van de Leeuw 4, 7324 BD in Apeldoorn, registered under Trade Register number 09066018. Admidex B.V. is the controller for all processing of your personal data specified in this privacy statement.
What is personal data?
Information about persons that makes them identifiable (either on its own or in combination with other data) is referred to as personal data. Examples of personal data are your name or company name, address, place of residence, date of birth, telephone number and email address. Your HIGOLD EUROPE login data and IP addresses also constitute personal data.
Whose personal data does HIGOLD EUROPE gather?
HIGOLD EUROPE collects and processes personal data of people who purchase its services and products, website visitors, or third parties contacting HIGOLD EUROPE. This is done, for example, if you:
- request a customer card;
- place an order;
- indicate your wish to receive our newsletter;• participate in a competition or promotion;
- participate in surveys or customer panel research;
- Log in to your HIGOLD EUROPE account or via social media;
- are employed by or for us;
- apply for employment with us or contact us for that purpose;
- have a business relationship with HIGOLD EUROPE;
- fill in or leave your data at one of our branches.
Contact with HIGOLD EUROPE can occur via:
- written correspondence;
- the contact form at HIGOLD EUROPE.nl (for example, to request the HIGOLD EUROPE Courant);
- the registration form provided for requesting a HIGOLD EUROPE customer card;
- the registration form provided for requesting our email newsletters;
- a link included in an email newsletter sent by us or in another electronic message sent to you;
In addition, your data may end up at HIGOLD EUROPE if we take over another company.
What personal data does HIGOLD EUROPE collect?
HIGOLD EUROPE collects, in any case, the following personal data:
- Personalia: your name or company name, address, place of residence, gender, telephone/mobile number and email address;
- Order information (for example, the items you order from HIGOLD EUROPE);
- Interaction data (e.g. your IP address, cookie IDs, surfing behaviour and which www.HIGOLD EUROPE.nl pages you visit, newsletter email preferences, opening and clicking behaviour within the email newsletters, preferences/interests, opinions, use of social media, and contact with customer service).
On what basis does HIGOLD EUROPE process personal data?
HIGOLD EUROPE processes personal data based on the requirements for executing the agreement with its customers – for example, the data required to take and deliver your orders and to keep in touch regarding these orders and their progress.
HIGOLD EUROPE also processes personal data on the basis of your permission and on the basis of a legitimate interest of HIGOLD EUROPE. This legitimate interest lies in the fact that HIGOLD EUROPE can provide better offers to its customers and website visitors if it has access to data regarding your preferences and your use of the website.
Finally, HIGOLD EUROPE may process personal data on the grounds of a legal obligation.
For what purposes does HIGOLD EUROPE process personal data?
HIGOLD EUROPE processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Execution of the agreement made between HIGOLD EUROPE and its customers: processing of orders, delivery of orders, notifications regarding orders;
- Management of the customer database with a view to future orders;
- Improvements in user-friendliness of the websites in order to provide optimal ease of use;
- Execution of internal analyses (such as quality analyses) and product development in order to improve our products and services for you.
- Sending information about interesting developments, promotions and offers via various electronic communication channels;
- Carrying out job application procedures.
To achieve these ends, HIGOLD EUROPE links, combines, and analyses available personal data (as defined in this privacy statement) in order to determine the most relevant target groups, segments, content, information, times and channels, and to coordinate these with each other. This way we can limit the number of contact times we have with you. In some cases this occurs fully automatically.
HIGOLD EUROPE retains your personal data no longer than necessary in order to provide you with appropriate and thorough service and to be able to meet your requirements. Once we no longer need your data, we destroy it.
Forwarding of data to third parties
We do not forward your personal data to third parties unless this is required within the context of the execution of our service/the agreement, or when HIGOLD EUROPE is obliged to do so on the basis of a statutory regulation.
These parties process your personal data only in the manner prescribed by HIGOLD EUROPE. HIGOLD EUROPE does not sell or forward your personal data to third parties.
HIGOLD EUROPE and other websites
On our website you will find a number of links to other websites. This privacy statement is not applicable to these other websites. HIGOLD EUROPE is not responsible for the way in which these websites handle your personal data. If available, read the privacy statement of the website you are visiting.
HIGOLD EUROPE attaches great importance to the security of personal data. HIGOLD EUROPE takes various technological and organisational measures to protect your data. Among other things, HIGOLD EUROPE takes measures such as the encryption of financial information and passwords, and the use of firewalls and secure servers.
HIGOLD EUROPE has placed clearly visible cameras in its shops and parking areas with the aim of protecting the safety of our employees, customers and assets, and to offer support during disasters. You will also be alerted to the presence of cameras on entering our premises and shops. HIGOLD EUROPE keeps the camera images for up to 28 days. If there is a valid reason (for instance, a police investigation), the images will be stored for a longer period, but no longer than necessary.
If we process your personal data, you can submit a request to access this data, modify it, transfer it to another party, delete it, or limit the processing of it. You can also object to receiving information from HIGOLD EUROPE via telephone, mail or email, unless this information is necessary within the context of our service to you. In addition, you are entitled to withdraw the permission given to process your personal data.
You can submit such requests by contacting:
Attention: Privacy Officer
7301 GJ Apeldoorn
Or you can email: [email protected]
HIGOLD EUROPE strives to process a request within 4 weeks.
Do you have a complaint, despite our careful efforts, regarding the way in which HIGOLD EUROPE handles your personal data? You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Personal Data Protection Authority.
After reading our privacy statement, would you like more information or do you have further questions and/or comments? Contact our Privacy Officer via the email address: [email protected]
Amendments to the privacy statement
HIGOLD EUROPE reserves the right to amend this privacy statement. We advise you to read this statement regularly. You will always find the most recent version at www.HIGOLD EUROPE.nl/privacy.
This page was last updated on 23-05-2018.